At Imatchative, we know that the information that you share with us is private, whether it is your personal information or information about your business. That is why we have designed our system to live up to the trust you place in us when you share your data. This document describes the data practices we have built into AltX (the “Service”). The fundamental principles that have guided us in building the Service and drafting this Statement are:
- We never sell any personal or sensitive business data to others, period.
- We will only share your information to provide our matching service, and only after you give us permission to do so.
- When you complete one of our surveys, your responses and our analysis is for your eyes only; it will never be shared with an employer or colleague.
- We use industry standard security protocols to safeguard all data that we receive.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
What Data Do We Collect?
Personal Information: When you create an account with AltX, we collect and store your name and email address, which we treat as your Personal Information, in combination with data provided by your employer.
Business Contact Data: This includes information like the name, address, and contact information for your business.
Hedge Fund Profile Data: This includes documentation and marketing collateral that you submit about your business.
Investor Profile Data: This includes investment portfolios, strategy information, organizational background information, and any personalization of the provided profile fields that we offer in the Service, for example, customized Watch Lists. When you provide this information, it allows us to customize the Service to your specific investment interests.
Psychometric Survey Answers: Survey questions focus on areas relating to level of investment risk, strategy and goals. The more faithfully you answer the survey questions, the more accurately we can match investment dispositions with complementary hedge funds. You, and only you, will have access to your individual results. An employer who has requested that a user complete this survey will only have access to anonymized results in an aggregated format. For example, this type of report will show overall team results rather than each employee’s results. To further ensure confidentiality, we require that there be at least five users in a group to provide this report. We will share some information about your results with a match when you consent to an introduction.
AltX Usage Activity: We log your activity when you engage with the Service. Each time you log-in we collect industry standard log data about the browser and operating system you are using, the address of the external or internal page that referred you, your IP address, the pages that you visit and activities you perform, and associate this information with your IP address and user ID.
Financial databases: If you provide us with financial database subscription information, we will consolidate this stream for you in the Service so you can access all your investment subscriptions in one location.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use this information to provide and improve the Service in the following ways:
Account information is used to communicate with you about the Service by email or telephone. For example, to inform you of a new product or offering or about a security issue regarding your account. We also use your contact information to facilitate any requests you make, including a an introduction with a hedge fund, customer service or technical support request.
Hedge Fund Profile Data is used to present users with an accurate and comprehensive view of participating hedge funds. This data will be viewable by users.
Investor Profile Data is used to provide introductions, with your consent, to relevant hedge funds; and provide you with customized financial news and industry insights that help you meet your investment strategies.
Psychometric Survey responses and Usage Activity are used in combination with statistical analysis to match investors with hedge funds. We anonymize and aggregate investor profiles within the same business unit to provide employers with team insight.
With Whom Does Imatchative Share Personal Information?
Imatchative will not sell your personal information. We will share this information in the following circumstances:
- If we receive your consent. For example, when you request an introduction to a hedge fund, we will request your consent to exchange your contact information, relevant investment goals, mutually compatible psychometric scores and investment strategies with a pre-qualified representative from the requested hedge fund.
- If we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, by the email we have associated with your account, unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so.
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company. In that circumstance, this Privacy Statement would continue to apply while it was in place.
- Our employees have supervised access to your information so they can answer your questions if you contact us for help and so they can monitor our servers for technical problems.
- We work with third parties who assist us with providing specific activities necessary to the Service. These parties are required by contract only to use your information to provide these activities.
- We will share aggregated and anonymous information in a variety of ways, including in reports to subscribing companies, to publish trends about the investment industry and to improve our system. We’ve taken contractual and technical steps to ensure that the information cannot be linked back to you personally.
How long does Imatchative retain The Data It Collects and How Can I Delete It?
Imatchative will retain this information for as long as you maintain an account with AltX. We safeguard all information based on industry standard practices. Upon the closure of your account, we will remove your Personal Information from our systems. Other data and activity associated with the account will persist for as long as Imatchative has a business purpose to retain it.
We employ commercially reasonable standards to safeguard all data.
Imatchative is a California-based company with servers housed in the United States. Personal information collected from users outside the United States is transferred to the United States and processed according to United States law.
Changes To This Statement
If we make material changes to this statement, we contact you by the email associated with your account and will post them here in the Service.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about your data or this Privacy Statement at [email protected].