Effective Date: May 2016:
At AltX, Inc., we know that the information you share with us is private, whether it is your personal information or information about your business and investments. This document describes the data practices we have built into AltX (the “Service”). The fundamental principles that have guided us in building the Service and drafting this Statement are:
- We only share personal or professional data with third parties at your direction or with your explicit consent.
- We use industry standard security protocols to safeguard all data that we receive.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Data Do We Collect And How Do We Use It?
Contact Information: When you create an account, we collect and store Personal Information, such as your name, employer, business contact information and business email address. This Personal Information may be combined with other Personal Information we receive from your employer to establish your account. We use this information to communicate with you about the Service by email or telephone, such as to inform you of a new product or offering or about a security issue regarding your account; or to facilitate any requests you make, including customer service or technical support request.
Your Content: This is content that you provide to achieve your business goals, such as to “customize” the Service to your investment strategy or search-ability of your hedge fund to users of the Service. This could include documents such as investment portfolios, strategy documents, or organizational background information. You will always control who is permitted to see this information, whether it’s for your eyes only, for your team, your clients, or for other users of the Service.
AltX Usage and Log Activity: Each time you log-in we collect industry-standard log data about the browser and operating system you are using, the address of the external or internal page that referred you, your IP address, the pages that you visit and activities you perform, and associate this information with your IP address and user ID. We use this information in various ways, such as to troubleshoot the System, address fraud, and to improve usability.
With Whom Does AltX, Inc. Share Information?
We will only share information under the following circumstances:
- If we receive a request from you with your written consent.
- If we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process, to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect AltX, Inc.’s rights or property. If we are going to release your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, by the email we have associated with your account, unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so.
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company. In that circumstance, this Privacy Statement would apply while it was in place.
- We work with third parties who assist us with providing operational support necessary to the Service. These parties are required by contract to only use this information to provide these activities.
How long does AltX, Inc. Retain The Data It Collects and How Can I Delete It?
AltX, Inc. will retain this information for as long as you maintain an account with the Service. We safeguard all information based on industry standard practices. Upon the closure of your account, we will remove your Contact Information from our systems. Other data and activity associated with the account will persist for as long as AltX, Inc. has a business purpose to retain it.
If you prefer not to use any cookies, you can also opt out in some browsers by turning on “Do Not Track” or visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out directly. We currently do not support Do Not Track browser settings, but are committed to supporting it in the future to give you more choice about how your information is used.
We employ commercially reasonable standards to safeguard all data.
AltX, Inc. is a California-based company with servers housed in the United States. Personal information collected from users outside the United States is transferred to the United States and processed according to United States law.
Changes To This Statement
If we make material changes to this statement, we contact you by the email associated with your account and will post them here in the Service.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about your data or this Privacy Statement at email@example.com.
© AltX, Inc. 2016. All rights reserved.